Thursday, October 26, 2006
It was a mixed yesterday.
"Yo, you my friend right? Come, I've got something to show you."
Slowly, he unfolded the Holiday Travel Form, showing me what that was scribbled onto it. I stared at him. There it wrote,
Country From to End date
Indonesia 11th Nov 1st January
"Ee, er yeah. I...didn't....make......it to sec 4."
My eye felt itchy. Never had I once, felt that way for a friend, whom I'd neglected, or rather we had ignored each other for a month. Is it human's nature to take things for granted? I don't know how true is this news, but as far as I know, I am affected by it.
I don't know what to say to you, friend. I love you a lot. Serious. We had spent the last 3 years together, though both you and I know that we had drifted apart from the clique after this year's June due to conflicts, quarrels, disagreement over certain issues. Nevertheless, I treasured all the memories, from camps, overnight stays, to parties and outings. The news came far too fast for me absorb what that was happening around me. Okay, maybe I'm dense as some may agree. For now, I'm only regretful of my actions towards you. Okay, though I didn't do anything wrong to you, but from what you see it as, it's my fault not to talk to you since September. I'm left with only 16 days. It's merely a fortnight's time away before you return back to Indonesia. Hearing you being excited about your future school, it probably makes me feel a little bit better.
One of the saddest thing in life, is Parting. It's something inevitable. Though we know it's imminent, we never fail not to do anything about it only until we've come to know about it. It's a pity, yeah? Too bad, human beings are created this way and it will always be this way.
Everyone says, "So start cherishing the people around you". I tell you, it hardly stands for a day.
Strive hard for your RT, I, no I meant WE, still want you here. I love you, brother.
Post submitted at
time; 10:43 PM